May 7, 2010

Nobody Listens To Turtle

This is what my top turn looks like from underwater at 4 Bobs

So today the camp was awaken but a thunder storm. The first bang came at around 5 and was right over us. It was so loud that it shook the Uma. So anyways I was already up so I headed down for some pancakes. Everyone else rolling in around 5:30. At about 6:30 I started to say ok lets go surf but no one wanted to go cause the wind was strong and it was small the day before. After about an hour of trying to talk people into going and looking around, I got 6 people on board. And off we headed to Bank Vaults. And what happen when we pulled up....oh it was head high and off shore with only 2 guys out. I said you can thank me later grabbed my board and paddled out. Let me tell you a little bit about this break it kind of fast has one take off spot and all ways barrels. I got a few then right before we left I got pitched in one and hit my funny bone on my knee and my whole right arm from the elbow down went numb for like 10 mins. It was kind of scary cause it has never happen to be before and I was on the inside of a sharp reef. Luck for me it was the last wave of the set and I had time to get back out with not trouble. Tomorrow it looks like the group is heading back to Bank Vaults but I really want to try my hand at a new spot. Well it's movie time then off to bed.
-ENJOY-

No comments: