Jan 16, 2011

My Legs Hurt

Ok I think I over did it this weekend. Let us start out with Friday night. Headed over to Disneyland after work with some friends for a fun filled 7 hour night of rides and fun.

(out of the 20 people in this photo 11 are with me)

Saturday started with surfing down at cottons. I surfed for about an hour then headed home. After that I come to the part that really killed my legs. I went for a 19 mile bike ride. I road from the Newport Back Bay to my work in Irvine. It was 10 miles of mostly up hill to get to my work. I use the Nike GPS app on my phone to track my trip. As you can see from the photo below, I did the first 10 mile leg to my work in just over 46 mins. With and average mile time of 5 mins


And if you look at this photo taken at the end of my ride you can see that my average mile time is about 4 mins. Can you say downhill. The whole trip took me 1 hour and 25 mins.


And here is a photo of my route and pace. The top of the loop is the going part. The little red lines show hills and or stop lights I hit. If you notice the long orange part at the end of my ride thats is because I decided to stay on the bike path and not the street so I had to climb out of the back bay.


Now you may be saying to yourself that is not a long bike ride. But let me give you a few facts.
Fact one: I have not rode a bike for almost 13 years.
Fact two: My bike has only one speed.
Fact three: It was 82 degrees this day. (But I liked that part of if got a little tan)
After I got home and took a shower and a nap. After I woke up I went to a hockey game. It was a play off game for my friends team, they WON!!!
All in all it was a good weekend. With lots of calories be burned.

BUT MY LEGS REALLY HURT :(

No comments: