Jun 21, 2010

VIVA Las Vegas

Well its that time of year again, the days are getting longer and the nights are getting warmer. And that can only mean one thing 4th of July is coming. Now every year I like to make a quick trip out to Vegas to pick up some good fireworks (if you know what I mean). Usually this is just a turn around trip drive out, buy fireworks, maybe grub on some buffet, then drive back, round trip 7 to 10 hours depending on traffic. Well this year was different. This year I wanted to make a weekend of it. This year was also very special because I was going to get to see one of the coolest girls I know, Ashley and her lil boy Matix. It was the icing on the cake. Usually I have a friend come along. But long behold I had to run solo on this trip because everyone had stuff to do. But it turned out to be a great trip anyways. I did way more alone then I think I would have done if someone tagged along.

The trip went something like this.
Left work around noon on friday got out to Vegas in no time at all. First stop Buffalo Bills to ride Desperado. I have not been on this since I was in high school I forgot how good the first drop is on that ride.

Next stop was Las Vegas. Where I checked into my hotel that turned out to be a time share, Club de Soleil. It was a nice place just off the strip. It was quite had a gym, pool, spa, tennis courts and a putting course.

After I checked in I got cleaned up and hit the town. First thing I did was head over to the Las Vegas Gun Range. I kept seeing sign for it so I said what the heck. I rented a Thompson old school gangster gun, turned out to be a great time.

After that I head out of town to a little place called Valley of Fire. $200 later with a trunk full of fun

I headed back to the strip to meet up with another old friend. We had dinner and chilled for a bit before she had to go to work. After that I just cruised around the strip until like midnight looking at hotels and stuff.

When I got back to my hotel I deiced to jump in the pool and then sit in the hot tub for a bit. It was a perfect way to end the day. The next morning I got to hang out with Ash. It was great to see her again it had been 3 years since the last time I saw her. We had lunch and talked for a bit then I headed home. I got home in 3 hours and 30 mins with just enough time to get a surf in before sunset. All and all the trip was great for many reason. Looking forward to going back soon.

No comments: