Mar 16, 2011

Information And Rock and Roll

My friends from Norway are back in town. Maybe you have heard of them DATAROCK.
They are a amazing, crazy, Dance-Rock band. I met the lead signer and the drummer a few years back at an after party for Shiny Toy Guns and we have been friends ever since.
Well Monday night they were playing a little venue in Costa Mesa call
Detroit Bar.
The show was at 9 but I headed over after work to see if I could find the guys at maybe a sound check. Well I didnt find them at sound check but I find them in the parking lot. They were just heading to dinner and asked if I wanted to join. So during dinner
Freddy (the lead singer)
asked me where my T-shirt was. This is because every time I have sen these guy (about 10 times) I have made a custom tee for him. I didnt have that for him but I did have a CD loaded with all the photos and videos I have take from all there OC/LA shows. Also on this CD was a bunch of ringtones I had made from there hit songs. He was super stoked, I had one of the ring tones loaded on my phone and played it for him. Freddy then told me that was the opening song and asked if I wanted to sing the hook for it. I told him sure and the rest is history. Ended up hanging out with the guys up until show time, then again after the show until about 2 am. My the life of the Rock Star is ruff.
Drummer Captain Straight Edge
Well anyways thats my Monday night how about yours.

Oh one more thing these guy always close the show the same way. They do one last song that no matter if you are a fan or not you will know and want to sing along. Enjoy the video


No comments: