Nov 7, 2011

Me and My Photography

Oh Halloween weekend my work had it's 12th annual Cosmic Creek Surf Contest. I have been going to it for the last 5 years. Two years ago I decided I wanted to try my hand at shooting the contest instead of surfing in it. I thought I did a great job, then it turned out I did do a great job. Because about 90% of the photos that were posted for some reason looked almost like mine
(as seen below).
Photo posted on surf line 2 years ago
My photo

The other photographer must have been standing right behind me. Well this year I was super amped to get my photos published. I made sure to get to the contest early. Shoot all day and then work all night color correcting and cropping them. But it turned out for the best because they used a lot of them for the write up on surf line. So I'm not saying my photographer career is starting but I am getting more and more into it. Here is the link to SURFLINE so you can see the photos and my amazing name. I will be signing autographs later this week.

Thats my photo on the news feed

On a side note this is the 3rd time my photos have been used. The first was for a poster to promote Billabong Surf With A Pro. And the 2nd time was a stock photo I shoot at a Yelle concert that they used for the all the art work for the Design For Humanity event (seen below).
Photo from Yelle Concert
Event art work
So if you ever need any photos taken don't hesitate to call. Also I shoot video also here is a video form the concert that followed the contest.

No comments: