Mar 5, 2012

Summer Time In The LBC

A few weeks back I had the privilege to go and photograph the
Grand Opening of a new Skate Park in LBC.
I am always looking for ways to get my name out there and make myself more of an asset in this industry, so when I heard about this event I jumped at the challenge.
I have never really shot skate before... well besides shooting my friends on our back yard ramp and and stuff. But I didnt let that stop me. I have skated long enough to know what to look for and where to stand to get killer shots. The event turned out to be a BIG deal, with tones of people at it. I dropped some names, pulled some string and somehow get myself let in as press.
Tony Hawk was on hand to do the ribbon cutting and say a few words.
But he was not the only one a bunch of other LEGENDS showed even my all time favorite
Geoff Rowley.
The event was a big success and I am looking forward to going back and skating next time. Here are some more shot that I took form the event.
The Legend Daewon himself showed up
Cross Streets
Oh and by the way, after shooting this I am now in the market for a really good fish eye or wide angle. Time to step it up another notch.

No comments: